Thursday, August 5, 2010

You're In the Navy Now!

PHOTO ARCADE

902 1/2 MARKET ST., SAN FRANCISCO, CAL.

I have a lot of my Dad's Navy time photos during World War I that have been printed out on post card stock. I supposed that helped many of them to make it easier to send both photos and mail home during the war. The names and where the guys are from are written on the back of the photo, I will have to trust them that they wrote their names in the same locations where they were sitting for the pose.

Back Row Center - Looking Grim - My Father, F. M. Guess, El Monte, Cal.

Second Row: Left - Pat Stockton, Parma, Idaho ** Right - Albert Campbell, 178 J St., Salt Lake, Utah

Front Row - J. Hartley, Hooper, Utah

1 comment:

  1. I've only seen WW1 Army uniforms from my family, never Navy. How cool! And it's great they wrote their names on the back. Almost none of my old photos are labeled. Photos like are further proof that our wars aren't fought by the "Robert Mitchums" or the "John Waynes" but rather their children. Look how young these men are! They should have been home worrying about their Friday night dates or their father's wrath for coming home too late, not fighting for their own lives and ours. Beautiful photo, Annie!

    ReplyDelete