Saturday, August 21, 2010

HUNG (Not to be confused with HBO or anything else)

Hammer, hammer, hammer......tap, tap, tap! OK, so my little Get It Up On The Wall project is complete. I had to move my Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd poster to a different location but all is well with my bizarre Depp obsession. (For the record I am far from even being in the 'stalker' category.)

So first, here is my framed Paris Thru a Knothole series, which fit in nicely, I think, in the entry location. After I finished framing it I thought about giving it to my daughter, but then I thought again and decided to enjoy it myself for awhile. She can have it after I'm gone, it will have more meaning then.


Paris Thru A Knothole



The Entry Now


There is a good reason for the odd arrangement shown below. First, I didn't realize until I was finished with the Child Annie that I had put my masking tape on crooked. After years and years of working in a financial world where EVERYTHING had to add up and be exact, I now tend to plow through life much like a bull on the run. (Editorial Comment: Actually her personal life was always like a bull on the run.)  I was going to remove the canvas and replace it straight, but then the "eyes" of Child Annie kept bugging me -- too piercing and I couldn't get them right.

So I then gave it a Caseyesque treatment with a plaid overlay, better, but it didn't correct the original crookedness. When I got around to hanging all three pieces in the space formerly occupied by Sweeney Todd, I thought wait - if I just hang this crooked you don't notice my original error. Voila!

Also the one, framed work, is the one I had to cut down to fit the frame, it rebalanced the original work and ended up pleasing me more.


A Mish-Mash of Attempts d'Art

The Child Annie / Selfless Portrait / H. Poirot

6 comments:

  1. i love the way you framed the 3 knotholes! I like the arrangement of everything in your entry too. The wall color looks like it's almost exactly the same as my guest room. Most of my rooms are variations of green actually, lol. I figure I'll be used to green walls when I finally get put in a mental hospital. They're always green in my soap operas!

    I don't really go to movies, but whenever I've seen Depp on a talk show, which is really rare, he seems like quite an intelligent man, and not one of those horrible fluffy 'stars.' He owns an island, and a vintage boat that's about 100 feet long. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I like your entry as well. The wall pieces look well placed and I wouldn't have noticed -- just would have thought "how lovely!"

    Johnny Depp is the stepson of my acquaintance, June. June's sister is a very good friend of mine. When hubs and I were going to Paris, said sister (Susan) said she'd call Johnny and arrange for us to have dinner together. I about had a heart attack and quickly said, "NO NO NO NO NO!" I would have been too intimidated and acted like a stupid groupie or something. Really, I might have. I think he'd like me, really. We seem to have similar senses of humor. LOL So there's my story about Johnny Depp. I do adore him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well next time you call me, nothing more sexy than a drooling senior citizen.

    Good to see you again Katie thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANNIE THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST THESE PICTURES.I LOVED YOUR PROJECT, THEN TO GET THE PICTURES FRAMED AND HUNG IS A JOB WELL DONE. THE ART CLUB APPLAUDS YOU. CLAP, CLAP, CLAP.

    MOVE OVER ANNIE, JOHNNY IS MINE. ALL MINE. MY GOODNESS, I COULD BECOME A COUGER FOR HIM. POOR GRAMPS. THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, thanks Granny thanks - if Casey hadn't given me a "kick" it wouldn't have been done. Now, about Johnny - I love you Granny, but this is where I draw the line - he's mine!!!!!! Oh, oh...looks like we've got a girl-fight about to start...grab your pillows...here we go. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M GETTING MY LITTLE RED SCOOTER CHARGED UP AND I'M ON MY WAY TO YOUR HOUSE. YOU BETTER HAVE A STACK OF PILLOWS BECAUSE MY LITTLE WAGON HOLDS ALOT.I NEVER DROOLED OVER ANYONE BUT ROY ROGERS BUT JOHNNY SURE COMES IN FOR A BIG DROOL.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete