Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer of 1961

My son Mark

I came across this photo of my son Mark, he was three and a half years old and hard at work keeping his tricycle in tip-top shape. A trait I might add that carried over in to his car owning days. The one odd thing though that I noticed was the use of his left hand to spritz the water from the hose. To the best of my knowledge he was and has always been right-handed.

We were living in Albany, CA in the University of California's married student housing. I will never forget those days;  Two kids, 500 sq.ft., 2 BR - a former Navy housing project. Rent was $46 a month!

I wonder if Casey can identify the car in the background?

5 comments:

  1. WOW, $46 bucks, eh??? would LOVE to pay that now!!! :) However, 46 was probably not that easy to come by.
    It will HAVE to be Casey to identify the car..I would guess something like a "pontiac" or "buick" just cuz I have NOOOOOO idea!! :) Was it your car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never paid much attention before, but with Casey and his car talk all of a sudden I saw "car". lol

    For six months while we waited to get in to married student housing we paid $110 a month for rent, the catch was our total monthly income was $175. We thought we were in hog heaven in student housing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THOSE WERE THE DAYS ANNIE.
    HI MARK

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a 1952 Buick, though I can't tell from that view if it was the small Special or the larger Super or Roadmaster. Mark must be just about my age, i was born in May '57.

    Good Morning Girls! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, those were the days. I still love to squirt the hose! I am surprised i was given the hose with running water; something I avoided giving to my boys at that age. haha.

    ReplyDelete