Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're On the Wabash


I discovered this post card among my grandmother's treasures, it's in pristine, off the rack condition. But there is a mystery here. If you look closely you will see someone has inked in a small x over the head of one of the soldiers. I have looked at it a hundred times and wonder if it could be my Uncle John. Sometimes you see things as you want them to be, but I know no other reason why my grandmother would have been kept it with the letters he sent home to her. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a good guess, Annie. I"ve seen similar markings and after some research have found they are relatives or friends, or even the house they lived in on the street. isn't it amazing when you find an old object that hasn't seen the light of day in decades and that it's in pristine condition? I have quite a few antique paper goods that could have been printed yesterday, but then I have tons that look like they're as old as the Pharoahs, and not in as good condition, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, can you get any (other?) pictures of your Uncle John for comparison? I love a good mystery but I love solving them even better! LOL

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST MAKE THE PICTURE BIGGER AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE FACE BETTER.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd bet it's your uncle the hair is the "kicker"
    Jan

    ReplyDelete