Thursday, August 19, 2010

Out and About This Morning

I woke up on the early side for me this morning, before 7:30 am, had a cup of coffee and noticed that the current temperature was hovering below 75 degrees. So I started a load of laundry and grabbed my camera and my knot hole and decided to take a little stroll over to the park that's just across the street. Would you like to come along?

When you don't have a real knot hole this is what you can use.

I may not have a backyard but I am lucky that just across the street is one of our city's parks. This one has a pool and nice play yard for the kiddies, plus it is currently being expanded with a new stream-side walking path and amphitheater. Maybe with a little luck the job will be completed in time for our use next spring.


This is a new flower bed that the city put in this year, it helps to brighten up the area behind it which is the utility building for the swimming pool that is located just over the fence in the upper right of this picture.

They even were thoughtful enough to provide a special spot for birds only. The yellow umbrellas in the distance are located in the pool area for people like me that like to have a little shelter from the sun. Makes a nice little spot to curl up with a book on a warm summer day.


Of course I had to take a peek at the flowers growing there and despite the horrendous heat this summer they seem to be faring pretty well. I love the summer shades of pink and orange that are on display.


Just around the corner, shh, quiet now we don't want to scare her away, I spotted this young girl enjoying her morning frolic in the park.


Isn't she adorable and as I got a bit nearer to her she didn't seem to mind my being there at all.


I couldn't help but notice this pretty hibiscus, I wasn't there early enough to capture the early morning dew upon the petals, but I did get there not too long after the sprinkler's were turned off which left larger than life dew drops behind.


On my way back home I thought I would swing by Casey's house, maybe I would be lucky and catch him up and out in his yard either gardening or maybe with his camera snapping a few shots. You can imagine my surprise when I peeked in to find Casey right there looking back at me.


Silly me it made me jump.


Have a great day all my little blog visitors. It was nice of you to stop by.

7 comments:

  1. Nice walk through a city in an area of the country I probably won't ever visit, since I hate to travel. I like the blurry one of me, and the sculpture of the little girl really works too! I'm glad you've enjoyed this project, that's the whole point in making art—for the artist anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANNIE, HOW SWEET THAT YOU TOOK THE TIME TO PUT THESE ON YOUR BLOG FOR US TO ENJOY. I'M SO GLAD I DIRECTED YOU TO HIS BLOG. ALSO MARE. I CAN SEE YOUR RNJOYING IT AS MUCH AS I AM. LIKE YOU I'M LEARNING ALOT. KEEP ENJOYING.
    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny, I thank you silently everyday for your tip to take a look at Casey's blog. It is nice to be entertained and learn at the same time, that is what happens each time I visit his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANNIE, I LEFT YOU A NOTE ON MARES' BLOG.

    LOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie or RR,

    It's Marius via Casey's place. What a beautiful park that is. I like your photography, too. I've never seen a portable knot hole before, but I suppose it makes perfect sense. Maybe I'll get me one.

    I noticed on your profile that you are in St. Louis. I was a baby in Florissant. Is that anywhere near you? My father had/has? family there. I've never met them, so I won't ask you to say hello for me.

    Anyway, just paying a visit to thank you for your comments. I didn't think anyone would look at my blog. It feels just like meeting new people. Something I should really do more of.

    I saw that glass house earlier this evening. I don't care how much land was around me, I don't think I could live in that giant terrarium. I'd spend a fortune on mini-blinds and that would kind of defeat the purpose of all that glass. I'll save my $25 million for a little place in Provence surrounded by lavender and rosemary.

    Marius

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marius - Thanks for YOUR nice comments as well. Florissant is east and north of where I live, over on the other side of the airport. I am in West County, hardly ever venture over the county line. When I first moved here and curious friends made their visits I would take then downtown to see the arch, the brewery and have dinner in Soulard (closest place I could find that reminded me of California). I'm not as excited about the St. Louis Zoo as the locals are, so I usually avoid that, the museum is nice and the botanical gardens is nice too. But the CITY itself misses the mark, I prefer Chicago or San Franciso or New York. Never been to Boston only drove though one time but didn't stop in the city. Provence with a scent of lavender and rosemary would be lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  7. San Francisco would be nice. I'd like the temperate weather and I'm not really worried about earthquakes for some reason.

    My brother lives in New York, but it's just too big for me. I can stay there for a few days and then I'm ready to go home.

    I was in Chicago for one night when I was 5, so I don't think I got a true picture of the place. We were at the Hilton and it was the 1st time I saw a color TV. Chicago will always mean color TV to me.

    A little stone house on a hillside in Provence will always be a dream.

    ReplyDelete