Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another Inconvenient Truth



I really don't understand how some people can get away with what they do. I'm not talking about one little misstep - but over and over again. A perfect example is this vile being Rush Limbaugh - just looking at him makes me want to puke. And the funny thing is I know people who actually listen to him on a daily basis and never once have they said or thought what he says is wrong.

Here are just a few things he has said and for this he gets to make close to $40 million a year.
"I'm a huge supporter of women. What I'm not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women's movement — especially when walking behind it." --Rush Limbaugh, responding to criticism that he is sexist and defending his selection as one of the judges at the 2010 Miss America Pageant, "Fox News' Fox & Friends," February 3, 2010
~
"[Obama] wouldn't have been voted president if he weren't black. Somebody asked me over the weekend why does somebody earn a lot of money have a lot of money, because she's black. It was Oprah. No, it can't be. Yes, it is. There’s a lot of guilt out there, show we're not racists, we'll make this person wealthy and big and famous and so forth.... If Obama weren't black he'd be a tour guide in Honolulu or he'd be teaching Saul Alinsky constitutional law or lecturing on it in Chicago." --Rush Limbaugh, July 6, 2010
 ~
"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it." --Rush Limbaugh, Jan. 19, 2007
~
"She sounds like a screeching ex-wife." --Rush Limbaugh, on Sen. Hillary Clinton
 ~
"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it." --Rush Limbaugh 
 ~
"One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the Homeless Olympics... [Events would include] the 10-meter Shopping Cart Relay, the Dumpster Dig, and the Hop, Skip and Trip." (L.A. Times, 1/20/91)
~
On NAFTA: "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do--let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work." (Radio show quoted in FRQ, Fall/93)
~

"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult ; it's an invitation." (Quoted in FRQ, Summer/94)
~
"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream." (Quoted in FRQ, Summer/93)
I don't find anything that Rush Limbaugh says as funny, to me it just plain offensive, but hey, I am in the minority here because he has over 14 million listeners per week, not an all time high for him but enough to garner him a nice contract that gets him a $400 million 8-year deal on Clear Channel.

Even after being taken to the cleaners by several ex-wives he still manages to live in a not too shabby little West Palm Beach home on the oceanfront, worth about $26 Million. The house is reported to have 7 bedrooms, 12 baths and an elevator. So maybe if you were visiting you wouldn't really have to ever seen him - that's a pleasant thought.

Oh and he's an avid golfer and cigar aficionado. If I could be granted just one wish it might be that his cigar be permanently affixed in his mouth.

Kind of makes you wonder about our society when you have scum like Limbaugh that can make so much money peddling crap and then we have our teachers, just one example, that are dedicated and serve to educated our children and they can work a lifetime and never get close to what Rush makes in one year. Can't help but wonder what's wrong with this picture?


4 comments:

  1. Wonder, indeed! He is SO vile! His constant referral to all woman as "feminazis" just burns me to the core. I think he's my least favorite person in the entire world, followed very closely by Glenn Beck. And they have so many followers!! It just mystifies me. I'm glad to know we think alike on this, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on that one girl-friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's odd that anyone listens to him, isn't it? I mean, there he is, some big, fat, ignorant blowhard with a cigar, and people listen! It's so strange. My whole family listens to this guy and I really don't get it. They're nice people (I think). How can anyone in his right mind listen to one minute of the guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom has 3 girlfriends who plan their day's activities around Limbaugh's and Glenn Beck's programs! They believe every word they say. Gee, they used to seem like they had brains...

    ReplyDelete