Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ron Santo - RIP

Ron Santo - 1940 - 2010

I just read that Ron Santo died this past Thursday. I can't let his passing go without comment. We both are Cubbie fans but Ron was a CUBBIE and a FAN in double capital letters. I often listen to the Cub games on the radio where Ron ended his Cub career as a sportscaster. When the Cubs won, Santo's joy spilled over the airwaves and when the Cubs lost his pain and despair was equally noticeable.

I wish Ron would have made it to the Hall of Fame, he had a spectacular baseball career. But most of all I wish he could have lived to see the Cubs win the World Series. Ron was a caring and religious man, so I know he will have the Best Seat in the House when the Cubs do win the World Series. We will miss you Ron, safe journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment