Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fifty Years Ago Today


On December 16, 1960, Dick and Annie were married. The song played at their wedding was Always by Irving Berlin. While their marriage did not endure their love for one another lasted for... well Always. Dick died in 1994 at a young age, only 56. He was my best friend and I will remember him always and especially on this day December 16th.

We would always joke we weren't celebrating our anniversary rather Beethoven's birthday. It it suspected that Ludwig van Beethoven was born on December 16 as his baptism was recorded on December 17, 1770.

4 comments:

  1. I see you're focusing on the good things. That's the saving grace, that after the initial shock fades we can remember the good things. I've lost a lot of people in my lifetime but I remember them with love. Sounds like you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness Annie, you and your then hubster are "picture perfect"...showed my son and he said, wow, they are good looking people!! :)
    Wonderful memories I hope....
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lot's of wonderful memories. And thanks for the nice comment... Happy Birthday to YOU.

    ReplyDelete