Saturday, December 11, 2010

Red and Yellow




Red on yellow, kill a fellow; red on black, friend of Jack.

Friend Casey of casey/artandcolour kicked off a color theme today with his Prince Albert in a Can blog post. It got me to thinking that I had some red and yellow in my life as well. Thank goodness it doesn't include that snake above, really I hate snakes and find it amazing I would let one on my blog!


I bought this pillow cover about ten years ago when I was in France, it was found in a little gift shop run by the nuns of the church we were visiting. As I recall it was a little south of Paris. I was looking for souvenirs that I could use and enjoy when I got back home, that also would not take up the whole suitcase to tote back home. Since this was a flat pillow cover it worked out perfectly. On earlier trips I learned the hard way that you don't buy coffee-table books as souvenirs, especially when you are just starting out your trip and will have lots of miles of train travel ahead of you.

Yesterday when I was leaving Wings of Hope I happened to have my camera with me which reminded me I wanted to capture this fire truck we have in our parking lot. I think it was donated to us and plans are probably to sell it, but everywhere you look there is a shape, slant or color to be captured. And most important it is Red.









I love old vehicles that are just waiting to be given that second life and restored to their original grandeur. I can remember when towns celebrated the day the new fire engine arrived and would  paraded it proudly down Main Street for all the community to see and admire. I was in Pine Mountain, Georgia once for the town's Christmas parade, Santa rode in on the back of the local fire truck and not a sleigh.




And a little yellow to close things out. This Carl's Jr. All-Star Bicycle Club card found in a box containing some of my daughter's childhood treasures.


Note: If you love cars, art and color stop by Casey's Blog you wont be disappointed.


5 comments:

  1. I hate snakes too! I like the Ford firetruck, probably late 1950s. I have a friend whose father has a private Fire Apparatus museum of his own. I have a bunch of photos of the contents, maybe I'll post 'em soon. It's great how we bloggers are inspired by each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS FIRE TRUCK LOOKS LIKE THE FIRETRUCK I GOT TO RIDE ON IN THE BACK WHEN I WAS MADE QUEEN OF HINSDALE. N.Y. WHEN I WAS A VERY YOUNG GIRL. IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY FOR ME. THE PARADE WAS SOMETHING I'LL NEVER FORGET. I FELT SO SPECIAL FOR AT LEAST A SHORT TIME.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Granny you are special...ALWAYS, and how neat the fire truck pictures triggered this memory for you. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That firetruck is a little kid's dream. Ours went nuts over trucks and that looks perfect. Oh, and I love snakes. And lizards. I've made friends with bees and wasps in the past ten years and I even like spiders (except the huge, hairy kind). Weird, I know but they're all just creatures like us.

    ReplyDelete