Sunday, October 3, 2010

Word Spreads About My Love (of Wind Wings)

1929 645 Individual Custom Roadster by Detrich
(Caught by Casey and Confirmed by Patrick Phinny)

My friend, Mollie, she's the one waving at you, was in Carmel recently and a friend of hers, Patrick Phinny, owns this wonderful 1929 645 Individual Custom Roadster by Detrich. Mollie remembered my blog about my love of wind wings and had this shot taken for me. Ahhh, I can feel the breeze in face as I write this.

Just one little thing bothers me though, this car is nine years older than me and is in much better condition than I am. I never liked that after plastic surgery look, maybe I should try getting a nip and tuck from a car restorer.

Super great car, thanks Mollie for thinking of me. For those of you who don't know, Mollie and I go way back to kindergarten days together.

This post revised October 5, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous Packard roadster! I think you're going to feel worse about your condition, lol. It's a '29 or '30, not a '34. I think it's a 745 or 840 Roadster, but I might be wrong about the model. I've never ridden in anything older than 1958, that I remember. My Dad had a Model A when I was a kid but really don't remember anything except it was junky and he didn't keep it long. I would love to know what it feels like to ride in a fine old car like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT I WOULD ALMOST DO [LOL] TO DRIVE THAT CAR.

    WITH ALL THE CARS GRAMPS HAS BOUGHT AND SOLD HE WOULD NEVER GET ME ONE OF THE OLD, OLD, OLD ONES TO HAVE FUN IN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete