Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pomona College - Taking a page from history


 My Mother's College Scrapbook 1914

In September of 1914 my Mother began her studies at Pomona College at that time the college was twenty-seven years old, now Pomona College is celebrating its 123rd year. One thing my mother seemed to like to do was keep a scrapbook, she saved literally everything, napkins, ticket stubs and dried flowers from arrangements to name just a few. 

Just over ninety-six years ago she penned these words: September 21, 1914 - I started from home about 7:20 A.M. and arrived in Claremont college at about 9:00 A.M. On leaving the car Father and I were rather at loss as where to go first but finally went to Sumner Hall where we were cordially greeted by some Senior girls.





October 31, 1914 page from scrapbook. 

Click on the image to enlarge and read the newspaper article about 'Witches Hold Sway At Sumner Hall', it's a hoot.

Happy Halloween from Me and My Mom
 

1 comment:

  1. Having a GREAT LOVE of cooking, it would be fun to replicate this menu. It sounds really good, and I might just try it.

    ReplyDelete