Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Table Setting - Imogene's Chesterfield, Missouri



Table setting decor from Imogene's Tea Room and Home Decor, Chesterfield, MO

Here's a little teaser from the home tour this weekend. This is one of the table settings that was on display and I really like this one so much, it just has a feel of Fall about it. Also it reminds me of when I had my house here in Missouri. I liked to set-up the dining room table in various themes throughout the year. One time I had someone stop over and when she came in and saw the dining room she quickly said, "Oh, I'm sorry to bother you... you are expecting guests." I laughed and told her, no, it's just for fun. The nice thing about fun table settings is that it never involves any cooking.

5 comments:

  1. OH,THE GOOD OLD DAYS. NOW,IT'S JUST RUSH, RUSH, RUSH WITH THE YOUNGER GENERATION. SAD TRUTH. I LIKE NICE NOT FANCY.

    LOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this place setting! i've inherited 5-6 diffferent sets of dishes, some I like, some aren't my taste, but I keep them. And buy more, lol. I bought a set of brightly flowered dishes a couple of years ago because I didn't have anything like them. Then I bought a set of all black dishes because I didn't have anything like them either. And the best part is, I haven't used my dining room table in years, there are too many art supplies on art on it, lol. I just sit in my livingroom and eat holding the dish on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finally put a stop to buying stuff, but I too love dishes. Different colors, different shapes, you name it, if I had the means and the room I would own it all. I had one square plate that I bought for a wall paint sample. It's the one I use today when I want a square meal, eaten of course in the living room in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SINCE IT'S JUST GRAMPS AND MYSELF THESE DAYS WE EAT THE SAME WAY, ANNIE. I MISS THE FAMILY MEALS TOGETHER. THE YOUNGER DAUGHTER ALWAYS HAS A SITDOWN DINNERS WITH HER FAMILY. I LOVE IT. NO ONE TOUCHES THEIR FOOD UNTIL MY DAUGHTER SIT DOWN AT THE TABLE. THEY ALWAYS SAY GRACE THEN THE FOOD IS PASSED. I LOVE MANNERS. MY SIL SITS AT THE HEAD OF THE TABLE AS IT SHOULD BE.

    LOU

    ReplyDelete