Thursday, October 21, 2010

FIRE! FIRE!! FIRED!!! - except at FOX News

 Juan Williams

FOX News is beginning to look like the only upholder of the Constitution and champion of Freedom of Speech. Today NPR (National Public Radio) fired its longtime news analyst, Juan Williams, for saying the following on Bill O'Reilly's television show:

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," Williams said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Bill O'Reilly

A few weeks ago Bill O'Reilly was a  guest on The View and in a heated discussion with Whoopi and Joy screamed at them "Muslims killed us on 9/11." Brian Kilmeade, also at FOX News, shares a very similar view when he said on his show, "All terrorists are Muslims."

Here is what I believe, we were attached by terrorists** on 9/11, first and foremost! In the case of 9/11 they may have belonged to an aberrant extremist group of Muslims - but I don't think Muslims when I think of the 9/11 attack, I think terrorists.

Juan Williams doesn't need me to judge him on his political correctness, his words seem only to be reflecting something he feels inside. Maybe similar and as unfounded as what a white person may feel walking in to a black neighborhood.

All that being said, I think it is time to stop attacking a religion for 9/11, all it does is stir up a pot that is frankly over-stirred as it is. Let's put the blame where it belongs on terrorists and terrorism and stop aiding and abetting the enemy by playing into their hands. And yes, I'm talking to you FOX News.



** terrorist

–noun
1.
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2.
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3.
(formerly) a member of a political group in russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4.
an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective
5.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment