Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mazomanie, Wisconsin

Sometimes rummaging through old stuff creates more questions than answers. If I could sum up my mother's side of the family in one word it would be - mystery. I have tons of photos of people, but few give any clues to names scribbled on the back of photos. For some reason I am drawn to what I will call the Mazomanie, Wisconsin collection. Obviously staged and set-up photos I have no idea who these people are or what the real purpose for these photos were. Maybe someone Goggling Mazomanie, WI will stumbled upon them and make an old family connection. In my head I can hear Vaughn Monroe singing...

Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life
At last, I've found you.


Ah! At last I know the secret of it all.
For the longing, seeking, striving, waiting, yearning.


 The burning hopes,
The Joy and idle tears that fall.


For 'tis love and love alone,
The world is seeking.
And 'tis love and love alone,
That can repay.


'Tis the answer, 'tis the end and all of living,
For it is love alone that rules for aye.


For it is love alone
That rules for aye.

Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life

For more information on Mazomanie, Wisconsin


2 comments:

  1. Like you I have so many mysterious photos of family from long ago. Sadly, there is nobody left for me to ask who they are, what they did....all the fascinating facts of life in those times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SURE GLAD WE DON'T HAVE TO WEAR THOSE DRESSES HERE IN FLORIDA. WAY TO HOT.

    LOU

    ReplyDelete