Thursday, October 14, 2010

ACBSA - Blood Donor Safety and Availability

It took me a bit to work my way through morass that is the Federal Government, but here is what I have come up with so far for those interested.

Here is the list of Advisory Committee Members: ACBSA Committee Roster

This was the June 10 & 11, 2010 ACBSA Agenda: ACBSA June 10 - 11, 2010 Agenda

Both of the following videos are around 8 hours long. Day One each member of the committee is introduced.
.
The Meeting Day One video: ACBSA Meeting Day One

The Meeting Day Two video: ACSBSA Meeting Day Two

Recommendation from the June 10 -11, 2010 Meeting: The Committee Recommendations

Two votes were taken by the committee:

Committee Question:
Should the current indefinite deferral for men who have had sex with another man even one time since 1977 be changed at the present time? Committee Vote: 6 = Yes; 9 = No

Committee Recommendations:
Committee vote: Unanimous yes (15 votes)
[See link above  for details.]

Now you know the faces of the committee, attended the meeting and heard the discussion. How seriously you take this issue will be up to you. The Advisory Committee roster lists names and address, contact them. Maybe your voice will make the three vote difference.

I myself will listen to all 16+ hours of the meeting, not in one day or even two. But I will listen to every word. I'm not sure when this MSM policy issue will come up again, perhaps the say during the meeting. When I find out I will let you know.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the wrong link in the post above so I deleted it.

    thank you again for all of this. here is the latest slap in the face to LGBT people everywhere. If you're a federal employee you can now purchase discounted health insurance for your PET, but NOT your domestic partner, because of DOMA:

    http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/10/14/benefits-pets/

    Our government is now favoring your kitty cat or your iguana more than your life partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASEY AND ANNIE, I KNOW HOW I FEEL INSIDE BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE IT INTO WORDS. I'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND "WHY ON SO MANY THINGS".

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete