Monday, October 11, 2010

Mad Men - Homage to Don Draper


I have become addicted to this show.  Much like the cigarette in Don Draper's hand it's hard to give up, it can't be all that healthy for me, and at times frankly it stinks, but I can't quit this addiction. Next Sunday, October 17 is the season's finale. So you can expect me to be irritable and grumpy until I find a worthy substitute while waiting for the new season to begin.

~ ~ ~


"The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and the world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. Because I'm living like there is no tomorrow because there isn't one." -- Don Draper




"Advertising is based on one thing: happiness. And do you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. Happiness is freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of a road that screams with reassurance that whatever you're doing  is OK. You are OK."   -- Don Draper




"When a man walks into a room, he brings his whole life with him. He has a million reasons for being anywhere. Just ask him. If you listen, he'll tell you how he got there. How he forgot where he was going, and that he woke up. If you listen, he will tell you about the time he thought he was an angel or dreamt of being perfect. And then he'll smile with wisdom, content that he realized that the world isn't perfect. We're flawed, because we want so much more. We're ruined, because we get these things, and wish for what we had." -- Don Draper






"People tell you who they are, but we ignore it - because we want them to be who we want them to be." -- Don Draper



~ ~ ~

"I'm enjoying the story so far, but I have a feeling it's not going to end well." -- Don Draper


~ ~ ~

2 comments: