Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wishes






Star light, Star bright.
The first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might.
Have the wish I wish tonight.





If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.
If turnips were swords I'd have one by my side.
If 'ifs' and 'ands' were pots and pans.
There would be no need for tinkers hands.


Through the Generations

In America the custom of pulling the wishbone has continued. And in the 1930’s it was so synonymous with luck, that a wishbone could be found in artwork or inscribed on gold coins just like other symbols like the 4 leaf clover, or horseshoe. It is even said that the terms “I need a lucky break” or “I never get a break” is derived from the wishbone tradition. Source: Suite 101 - History of the Thanksgiving Wishbone

  ~ ~ ~

And Artichoke Annie sends you her best wishes for a Happy and Bountiful Thanksgiving. If you have a little to spare, remember your local area Foodbank this year to aid your hungry neighbors.
 
 ~


4 comments:

  1. MY YOUNGEST BROTHER AND I WOULD FIGHT OVER THE WISHBONE. GUESS WHO ALWAYS WON. YOU GOT IT.

    ME, MOST OF THE TIME.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Granny - Hope your weekend is going well. Cool here but bright and shinny - keeping my UGG boots handy to keep my toes warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DHOULD TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR FEET IN YOUR UGG AND POST IT HERE.WE HAVEN'T SEEN YOUR FEET LATELY. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHOULD NOT DHOULD D///

    TG

    ReplyDelete