Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting in the Holiday Spirit


"Run! run! as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" 

When I opened my email this morning I had these Yummy Recipes from Diamond Nuts. They always have such cute interactive ads they are enjoyable to look at even if you don't like to bake. But this year's selections really put me in the mood for Holiday Baking and I have downloaded a bunch of recipes.
 
I am really looking forward to baking this year which also means sharing the fruits of your labor. It's fun to come up with cute and clever little ways to package up the goodies after baking. I was thinking of getting some Chinese take-out style containers in plain white and adding some festive decorations to the outside, They could be painted on, or glued or simply using a variety of stickers. Pack your cookies and candies in the container nestled in with some bright colored tissue paper and add a couple of chop sticks for fun.

All of the container decorating can be done now, ahead of the baking and be all ready for when the baking process begins a little closer to Christmas.

~ ~ ~


5 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS WANTED A GINGERBREAD HOUSE. I DON'T BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES ANYMORE AND I DO MISS ALL THE DIFFERANT ONES I WOULD MAKE. TINS AND TINS OF THEM. WHEN I THINK OF THE HOURS I PUT INTO CHRISTMAS IT MAKES ME TIRED TO THINK ABOUT IT. [HOURS] WHEN THE KIDS BOUGHT THEIR OWN HOUSES I SAID I WAS DONE. THE COOKING AND ALL THAT GOES WITH IT, I WILLED TO THEM. I JUST SHOW UP. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few people I should really gift some goodies to this year...glad you brought this up as I should be thinking about it. I usually try to not do TOO much baking and not until right before Christmas as I don't need to be eating it...PLUS i HATE the cleanup! What all do you make?? You will have time to do all that when you get back from your little getaway
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am only going to be gone until Thursday. Every year I make Snowball Cookies/Mexican Wedding Cakes. This is a must. Of course cut out cookies that the grandkids come to decorate, including those molded cookies. I have several xmas one, santa, a wreath, drummer boy and holly sprig. Then I try something new and chocolaty. I like to make some candy, but don't do that every year. This year I am going to make fudge and peppermint bark.

    I do up several give-aways boxes to hang on neighbor's doors and for special people, like my hairdresser and deliveryman. The rest are for family and people who drop in during holiday time.

    It's fun I really love the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE WATCHING EVERYONE ENJOYING THE PROCESS ANNIE. LOL. I'M SURE YOUR THE BEST AT WHATEVER YOU DO. I USED TO BE GOOD AT THE BAKING BUT JUST CAN'T STAND THAT LONG SO IF YOU WANT TO DROP A BAG ON OUR DOOR IT WILL BE ACCEPTED GLADLY. I DO PICK UP WITH MY LITTLE RED SCOOTER.
    MARE, YOU WANT TO RIDE ALONG. WE COULD BRING THE TEA. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny, I might just put a Santa hat on you and put you in charge of deliveries. You do the driving and Mare runs the goodies to the door handle. What fun!

    ReplyDelete