Friday, November 12, 2010

Viva Elvis - Las Vegas, NV








Wednesday night we went to see the Cirque du Soleil performance Viva ELVIS.Bethinca wanted to know how we liked it as she had heard mixed reviews. Actually my review is mixed; I think Elvis fans would not be disappointed. There is lots of Elvis singing and great home movies being played in the background and so many memories, like when Elvis was drafted and his famous haircut.

If you are a Cirque du Soleil affection-ado then you may be disappointed that there is not enough of their famous acrobatic acts, but what was included was very well done.

I think maybe the focus was more on playing tribute to Elvis Presley and unlike the music of the Beatles in Cirque's LOVE performance, the nature of the music doesn't lend itself to the usual circus acts extraordinaire that Cirque du Soleil is so famous for.

Elvis fans will love it, Cirque du Soleil fans will feel a little cheated. I enjoyed it but I would not say it was the best Cirque du Soleil show I have ever seen, I think for now Love holds that spot.

~ ~ ~

1 comment:

  1. FUN! I have never had a "craving" to see any of the shows...the makeup they wear frightens me!! :) I think I would like to see it just to have had the experience. I am not very adventurous for sure!
    Looks like you had a good time...glad you made it back safely...
    mare

    ReplyDelete