Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas Home Tour - Interiors by Imogene's , Chesterfield, MO


A few weeks ago, if you remember, my friend and I took a Holiday Home Tour. It was the first weekend in October and I thought it was way too early to focus on Christmas. I never mind nudging out Thanksgiving to let a little Christmas sparkle shine, so with the Great Pumpkin back in the patch, here are a few photos from the day we took our little house tour.


I love old world type Santa's and enjoyed these two, designed by Karen Didion Originals and offered for sale at Imogene's gift shop. I spoke with the artist that day and she is a delight to talk to. I had to relate my own limited experience of trying my hand at making similar Santa's for my daughters a few years ago. I had some left over fur trimmings from a redesign of my mother's fur coat and put them to good use in using the leftover fur on my Santa's coat, which also left the girls with a nice memento of their grandmother's memory.
 
 



It seems the color theme for decorations this year is leaning toward silver and gold. It reminds me of the Neil Young song that says: "I don't care if the sun don't shine and the rain keeps pouring down and me and mine, 'Cause our kind of love never seem to get old, It's better than silver or gold."




I always love a theme tree and this one found in the den I really liked with all of it's African animals hanging in amongst the branches. I turned out this is a very personal tree for the Imogene Family as one of their great loves was travel to Africa.




Snowmen always bring a smile to any face, I like these little guys but I am also very happy that I am not collecting stuff anymore. For one thing it keeps the old pocketbook a lot fatter and one less thing to have to pack away when the holiday is over.


 

Of course it wouldn't be a Christmas in St. Louis without a Cardinal here or there.



So with the shopping all done, gifts wrapped and hidden away and the cookies all made along a few candies whipped up as well... How about pulling up a chair and joining me for a cup of coffee and a little chat.


~ ~ ~

Thank You

Imogene's Tea Room and Gifts
16635 Old Chesterfield Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017

and Santa Designer

Karen Didion Originals
www.karendidion.com

2 comments:

  1. I'VE ALWAY LOVED CHRISTMAS. I'D LIKE ONE MORE CHRISTMAS WITH SNOW. IT'S A HARD THING TO GET USED TO NOT HAVING SNOW IN THE SOUTH. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AND SNOW GO TOGETHER.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things! Wish we could all sit down around that table with the festive place settings and chat a while. Thanks for taking us on the tour...just lovely!
    mare

    ReplyDelete