Thursday, November 25, 2010

Oh Deer !!!

Three Deer for you to see.

I was over at my daughter's home yesterday helping with some Pre-Turkey Day preparations, when we saw three deer walk by the kitchen window and into the back yard. After about a minute's wait I realized I had my camera with me in my purse. I managed to get a quick pic of them before they all disappeared into the trees behind the house.

Those of you with a keen eye will see that the deer are wearing festive neck ware, these are tags to help track their migratory patterns. Many communities in the Chesterfield area have what they call an "over population" of deer. I think it's more of a situation of over population of people where deer have become a nuisance, hazard and inconvenience.

A lot of time and money is being spent on attempting to find a solution to this 'dear' problem. Netting has been erected, a sterilization program begun and even sharp-shooters brought in to help curtail population growth. Yes, the deer can be a problem from something as simple as eating all the newly opened tulips in your yard in the spring to a more serious problem of crossing the road or walking down a street to the sudden surprise of speeding cars.

So man (lots of them together) again is confronted with the desire to live in a rural-type environment with only some,  but not all of the accoutrements of country-living.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment