Sunday, November 14, 2010

En passant - Oh Really !


Nicholas Rallo
Chesterfield Day School 2010 Chess Champion

This could be a first for our family, I might have to do an Ancestry.com search to see what information lurks in the family history. I received the news yesterday that my grandson won the chess championship at his school. WOW, way to go Nicko!

I wonder, do you suppose he got this talent from me? Naw, quite honestly I don't even know how to set up a chess board. But Nicko has offered to teach me how to play - I hope he is a very patient kid. I think this is so neat to be a chess champion at such a young age.

Did you know that the current form of chess dates back to the mid-15th century? Organized competitive chess championships were begun in the 16th century, so this is certainly no fly-by-night activity. Today the record books can add another name - Nicholas Rallo, CDS 2010 Chess Champion.

And from the looks of this happy mom I'm not the only one that's pleased as punch for our new champion.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE MOUSE HOUSE BLOG. I WILL RETURN TO VISIT IT OFTEN. THANKS FOR SHARING.
    TG

    ReplyDelete