Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Little Closer to Home


Cabo San Lucas, Baja California, Mexico - "Then"


This is a post card my brother sent to a friend describing the beauty of Cabo San Lucas, "back when". I can't make out the year on the postmark, but suffice to say it was many, many years ago. I thought it interesting to compare a photo of Cabo San Lucas today.


Cabo San Lucas - "Today"

I made a trip to Cabo in the late seventies and it was much more like the "then" postcard. I think at that time there were two or three hotels that had been built on the beach. We flew in by private plane, buzzing the town before landing at the little dirt airstrip not far from town. This was a signal to the taxi drivers to come out to the airport to pick up a fare. I think I like the "old days" best.


No comments:

Post a Comment