Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Weather Report - A Hard Rain

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall performed by Joan Baez

I heard the sound of a thunder that roared out a warnin',
Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world,
I heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin',
I heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin',
I heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin',
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,
I heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley,
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.
~ A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan


6 comments:

  1. I grew up on that song. My parents played it all the time. Now you know how I am who I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ish, your PARENTS played it? I assume you are a young critter, then. A lot younger than I am, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL writenow thanks for making me feel young! I'm 52.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're not SO much of a baby then ish! LOL I love that song, too. In fact, I just bought tickets two weeks ago to see Joan Baez at a relatively small venue in PA in November. I can't wait!

    Ish, maybe your parents would like to come? Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, just finished listening. Thank you for posting that beautiful song...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song Katie and I am SO envious that you are going to see Joan in person. You must report back... and tell JB we love her...

    ReplyDelete