Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Have a Mission...


A wise person once said to choose your battles carefully. I found this quote that I really like:

"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win."   ~Jonathan Kozol

World peace is high on my list but sadly not small enough to win. But I think seeing to it that the United States moves to shutting down all of its nuclear power plants is a winnable project - with proper organization and help. My state of Missouri has one nuclear power plant - the Callaway Plant #1. There are plans in the making to get Plant #2 approved and off the ground.

So this is where the battle will begin. Make sure that Callaway Plant #2 gets stopped once and for all, not just put on hold. Then we will work to get Plant #1 shut down.

Will you help me in this project? You can help by doing research in your own state and getting yourself informed. You can help by continuing to read my blog as I will be posting information as it becomes available to me. For now this is just a little heads up to the direction I am taking my blog.

Shutting down the nuclear plants in the United States is a battle big enough to matter and small enough to win -- with YOUR help.

For starters read or re-read my post of April 27, 2011:


1 comment:

  1. You're gearing up for battle. I love it. I also think you need a uniform -- something sprightly. You know I'm in, Annie. Let's get 'em.

    ReplyDelete