Monday, April 25, 2011

An ill wind that blows nobody good



Blow ill wind, blow away
Let me rest today
You’re blowin’ me no good (no good)

Go ill wind, go away
Skies are oh so gray
Around my neighborhood, and that’s no good

You’re only misleadin’ the sunshine I’m needin’
Ain’t that a shame
It’s so hard to keep up with troubles that creep up
From out of nowhere, when love’s to blame

So ill wind, blow away
Let me rest today
You’re blowin’ me no good (no good)

Blow, ill wind, blow. 


A Norah Jones version of Ill Wind

6 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the wicked laugh. I wish I knew who the joke will be on in the end!

    Priceless photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evil me... it was just too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the verses? Sounds like an old blues song. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Song by Harold Arlen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Arlen

    Yes, some of his stuff was very bluesy. I'm going to see if I can find it on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is GORGEOUS! I've never heard of her or the song before. Thanks so much for posting the video. Ah, and it's Harold Arlen, I see. He was major-cool.

    ReplyDelete