Thursday, April 14, 2011

FOX News



Everyone can be Pretty In Pink!

Sometimes I think FOX News goes out of its way to stir up trouble. The above J. Crew ad shows a J. Crew executive's little boy enjoying some fun with pink nail polish. And this is what FOX News had to say about that:


Cue the outrage from America's culture warriors.
"Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who'll be affected by your 'innocent' pleasure," Dr. Keith Ablow wrote in a Fox News op-ed. "If you have no problem with the J. Crew ad, how about one in which a little boy models a sundress? What could possibly be the problem with that?"

Don't anybody tell my son, but one time I painted his toenails too and dressed him up in his sister's sundress. I think it's too late to arrest me for child abuse. I wonder how many of the male FOX New reporters show up for work with polished toenails hidden beneath their Gucci shoes? 

11 comments:

  1. It's such a wonderful happy photo. Who are these people looking for evil everywhere? Read Ablow's entire article. He wants that boy playing with guns, and wants the mother not to be so nice to her son. That's where the real evil is...people like this quack Ablow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Ish!! I love that picture...Why does it have to be a gender issue? It's an adorable picture...and Annie, I would have to be arrested along with you as probably 1/2 (or more) of our population would! How many times did mom paint nails and your little wanted to also?? Or big sister and little brother wanted to try it...
    Good grief!! and grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. Here is the full article for those that want to read it or can stand it:
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/04/11/j-crew-plants-seeds-gender-identity/

    This comment alone makes me shutter:

    "Why should we hold dear anything with which we were born? What’s the benefit of non-fiction over fiction?

    Well, the benefit is that non-fiction always wins, in the end. And to the extent that you take flights of fancy into masquerading through life, life will exact a psychological penalty."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was sweet, too. By the way, the TV news in NY covered this and asked people on the street about it. They all thought it was innocent fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jon Stewart talked about this last night on his show. Some of the quotes he got from so-called "experts" were about this little boy being transgendered and his mother encouraging it, etc. What's up with everyone trying to frighten the public about every little thing now? Me? I'm frightened enough about the budget! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think J. Crew should offer a tiny little bottle of pink nail polish as a gift with each purchase. It could be O.P.I.'s new color - Lil' Boy Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahaha!!! I LOVE that, Annie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WONDER WHAT COLOR YOU GET IF YOU BLEND PINK AND BLUE TOGETHER.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, seriously..how do you know all this crap?? "lil boy pink"!! that's great!
    I also like the "blue" polish granny!
    And Katie, I'm with you on the budget...just a TAD bit more important than nail color and who has it on their nails..again...grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why too much time on my hands, Mare... LOL

    ReplyDelete