Saturday, October 17, 2009

Urban Farm Boy

One of the really great times for urbanized kids today is in the Fall when the school field trips are taken to local farms for a visit. Kids love to see things growing and to be able to harvest their own food for the table. I think it nurtures a certain sense of pride to be able to provide for the family that has its roots back in the caveman days when we were all hunters and gatherers. OK, perhaps I got a little dramatic with my use of words. Maybe they just love getting on the big yellow school bus that is taking them away from school to a magic land full of dirt and sunshine where they can just run free.

Whatever the real reason, this I know, my grandson had a ball on his class trip to Tanaka Farms and look at the harvest he set upon the table. Looks yummy doesn't it? I don't know about you but I am about ready to give up this here city life and head back to the farm… well maybe for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment