Friday, October 23, 2009

Bonnie Kakes

Bonnie K

Everyone should have a recipe for friendship tucked away in their recipe files. My favorite one is for Bonnie Kakes. Now not everyone will have same ingredients on hand as I do so feel free to substitute at will, the important step is adding the ingredients slowly over time. Over the years making this recipe has become kind of a seasonal event, much like that favorite Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving or those cheerfully decorated cut-out cookies at Christmas time. I hope you give it a try, with your own special additions of course.

  • 3 large cups of California
  • 2 tablespoons of Hawaii
  • Just a pinch of Utah
  • (Optional) Missouri to taste
  • Large quantities of finely chopped tennis games
  • Just a smidgen of micro-waved baby formula (remove before boiling)
  • A smattering of graduation ceremonies here and there
  • Lots of dinners out and dinners in

Add ingredients carefully, one at a time, and mix until smooth. Bake (the longer the better) with lots of love and enjoy with abundant bottles of wine.

3 comments:

  1. ANNIE, I HAVE A VERY BEST FRIEND LIKE YOURS. ACTUALLY I HAVE MORE THAN THE ONE BEST FRIEND BUT THE ONE ON TOP WOULD BE BARB. SHE IS A LITTLE BIT OLDER THAN ME BUT IT NEVER DID MATTER TO HER. I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 7 OR 8 WHEN I MET HER.SHE LIVED JUST AROUND THE CORNER AND I COULD CUT CROSS LOTS TO GET TO HER HOUSE. SHE ALWAYS TELLS EVERYONE THAT I'M HER SISTER. EVEN TO THIS DAY. SO GREAT.

    TG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So will my mom as soon as she sees it. I am so lucky you two have been so close over many years because that gave me my honorable Grandma Annie! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it!!!
    Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete