Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let Sleeping Giants Lie

It's just a couple more days for the Giant to catch his forty winks. This Saturday, October 10th will be the big unveiling of The Awakening in Chesterfield. I am looking forward to it and I am hoping the forecast for clear skies will prevail. Now you understand not everyone in the city is as thrilled as I am to see this new sculpture take a premier spot in our ever emerging downtown park. There are some who say it is too gruesome, too freaky and too ghoulish. But that's OK and that is art, not all art is everybody's cup of tea. I will bring you along with me on Saturday to share the experience, except for the refreshments of course, those I will keep to myself.

1 comment:

  1. I'M LOOKING FORWAED TO YOUR REVIEW ON THE ART IN THE PARK. I ALSO LOVE ART IN ANY FORM. TG

    ReplyDelete