Saturday, October 10, 2009

Time to Awake

The Unveiling of The Awakening Artist/Sculptor J. Seward Johnson and my Granddaughter

Today was the official unveiling for The Awakening sculpture in our downtown Chesterfield Park. It was quite an event with great food, fun activities for young and old and even the weather could not have been better. We've had rain for the past two days and lo and behold today bright sunshine to welcome the giant from his long slumber.

It was exciting and we even got to me the artist himself, a very nice, unassuming man who seems to take his art with ease. I get excited when someone asks permission to use one of my photos or leaves a comment on my blog, I can't imagine how I would feel if I had several dozens of my sculptures on display around town, let alone this massive five-piece display.

No comments:

Post a Comment