Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vanity Fair Not the New York Times






I subscribe to only one magazine, Vanity Fair, for the simple reason that I like its content mix. They can go from innocuous to wicked in the same issue. It provides me with enough celebrity fluff to get me through to the next issue and every now and again something will knock my socks off, well if I were wearing socks. A really well done, in-depth, journalist piece.The stories can come from Wall Street or from the Vatopaidi Monastery on the Aegean Sea in Greece.

A tiny little bit in this month's issue caught my eye that made me do a double take. This issue was featuring a twenty-five person list of The New Establishment 2011. The usuals, Steve Jobs at the 01 spot followed by Bernard Arnault, Michael Bloomberg, Rupert Murdoch.... you get the picture.

The Comcast, NBCUniversal duo of Brian Roberts and Steve Burke came in at spot number 05. But what caught my eye was this little bit at the end of the blurb:


REVOLVING DOOR: Just four months after the F.C.C. O.K.'d the Comcast-NBC deal, Comcast hired Meredith Baker, one of the commissioners who had voted in favor of the merger, as a lobbyist.


Wow, a month to go before Halloween and they are already handing out treats!

2 comments:

  1. It's sickening. There's no such thing as ethics anymore. I don't know how these people can look in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know that vampires have no reflection in mirrors...

    ReplyDelete