Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Circa 1970


From 1971 to 1978 I worked for a 'little' land development company in Orange County, California - The Irvine Company. It was a great company and a wonderful experience. They had a lot of confidence in me and I had a very nice career with them albeit short.

If you think I am a problem now, just know being a 'troublemaker' is an integral part of my personality. There was an occasion during my tenure that I needed to hire a new secretary. Of course the company had a personnel department that handled all this, but I knew this guy who was looking for a job. I asked him if 'he could type' and he said "yes" and hey, he had great legs. So I told him to check with personnel.

Well, really, what could they do? He filled out all the paperwork and was sent up to me for an 'interview'. I gave him a thumbs up but he never made it to the desk outside my office. I guess personnel didn't much care for my sense of humor, but you know what - we would have been breaking ground with his hiring. Just saying... 

No comments:

Post a Comment