Friday, September 16, 2011

Are You Ready?



ARE YOU READY FOR SOME NFL "ENHANCED" PAT DOWN????


The NFL waist up pat down now has "enhanced" status and will be ankles up. I guess it really should be called a pat up instead of a pat down. And we should be really thrilled that it doesn't include the instruction to "bend over" as well.

Oh, I can hear you mumble out there, "There she goes again, why doesn't she just shut up." Well, I find this whole 'security intrusion' massively offensive and actually very UN-American. We have allowed ourselves to become a nation of sheep. Each day it grows from airplane security, to national monuments to our schools and sports venues. I don't think it has an end.

It won't surprise me one iota if I wake up one day in the near future and pat myself down before I enter my own home. Was that a "baa" I just heard?




2 comments:

  1. I think the creepiest thing about the 9/11 anniversary was seeing news reports where people said they were thrilled to notice the police in jackboots and SWAT outfits on every corner. Said it made them feel safe. Well, it had the opposite effect on me. The growing police state is a pressing danger to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." ~Orwell's 1984

    ReplyDelete