Friday, September 9, 2011

OK, Ameren Missouri - You Win!

Nuclear Plant Crystal River Florida

I've said all I can say about the seriousness of nuclear power plants, but you guys have the big guns, I can't fight you anymore. You've managed to convince those that needed to be convinced that nuclear power is the SAFE/CLEAN/RELIABLE/AFFORDABLE power source for now and ever more. I think you are wrong, dead wrong. But until we experience a disaster equal to Fukushima or Chernobyl nothing will change. You've got the big guns and the big pockets, big enough to hold how ever many politicians you need to do exactly what you want to do.

I guess you really believe the story you tell because if you didn't you wouldn't be able to sleep at night or look your children in the eye when you explained what you do for a living. I wish I was wrong in what I believe because life would be so much easier to live if deep down in my gut it wasn't telling me we are on the wrong track.

But I can't fight you anymore, because the fight is killing me, a little bit every day. So, you win!

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis  ~ Virgil
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You've been a valiant warrior and that counts more than anything else. I say write a subversive novel to inject your ideas into the zeitgeist. Put a sexy young blonde girl near a spent fuel pool and just let the story rip. (I'm only half-joking here. Heck, if they make a movie out of it, you might actually reach a ton of people.)

    ReplyDelete