Thursday, September 30, 2010

My First Movie Star Crush

Tony Curtis
June 3, 1925 - September 29, 2010


When I was a young teenager I had the biggest crush on Tony Curtis, back in the day when he made movies like The Prince Who Was A Thief and Son of Ali Baba. I can still see his tanned and toned body swimming in this long indoor pool up to the woman he loved - ME. Tony may have been my one and only true crush.

There was the Jack Ryan/Harrison Ford thing but it was short lived. And then Johnny Depp, well "crush" doesn't even come close to describing it - true love is more like it. Maybe John Wayne, way back in his cowboy roles when he was long and lean and very young, yes that was a movie star crush as well. But for me it will always be Tony Curtis who captured my teenage heart.

We would collect movie magazines but not save them, instead we made it very personal by making or buying albums and cutting out all our favorite pictures and pasting them in the book like they were long loved family members. Sadly the albums left me long before Tony did. Rest in peace, Tony and don't drip any paint on Heaven's floor.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those crushes! I was enthralled with "the Monkees" BUT my BIG crush was....my hubby...ok, that was probably lame...BUT we were 17 and he was SO SO SO handsome! Anyway, as far as movie crushes, it was James Garner....*sigh* handsome, swooney, ahhh (actually, we later figured out he looks a lot like my husband and his family!! -well, when hubby was young..I'm consistent anyway!!)
    RIP Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIVE ME SOME TONY, JOHNNY AND JAMES.THERE'S THREE OF US, SO LOTS SHARE.

    LOU

    ReplyDelete