Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 7 Continued - Suez City

The transit through the Suez Canal is complete we are now officially in the Red Sea. Give or take a smidgeon the distance from our Galveston, Tx origin to Suez City was 7,218 nautical miles. I had no idea that the view from the Suez Canal would be so pretty. I guess I was expecting nothing or at most piles of cargo. Instead there was lots of lush crops, mixed in with some desert and more often towers with guards keeping a watchful eye out.


Suez City, Egypt


Look carefully, our Egypt Pilot dressed in white has just been transferred from our ship the Mariner back to the pilot boat. It was this pilot that was in charge of navigating us through the Suez Canal from Port Said to Suez City 


Job well done, the pilot boat pulls away from us and heads into port at Suez City with a cheerful goodbye wave.

We now will settle back and await arrival in Safaga tomorrow. I will need a good night's sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Jeez, the Suez Canal. I always doubt these famous places are real until I see them with my own (or your) eyes. It's real!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete