Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 1 - Barcelona, Spain

Time to reset your clocks. Barcelona ends the first leg of the cruise. The trip from Galveston, Texas USA to Barcelona, Spain was 5,456 nautical miles and took fifteen days.



Last night this was our sunset as we sailed from Alicante, Spain north to Barcelona; finally a sunset into the sea.



Today is now officially day one of our fifteen days across the sea toward Egypt, through the Suez Canal and ultimately ending in Dubai.



Statue of Christopher Columbus

During the next three at sea days I am going to talk a little bit about cruise ship passengers; what they are like, what they wear and most importantly, what they eat.


Table #411

Great bunch of cruise buddies, we all liked each other so much we demanded that we be able to stay together until we get to Singapore.

Seated left to right: Joan and Ken, they are RV-ers with a postal drop in Texas, scrunched in the middle is assistant waitress, XiXi from China, a real doll. Next in the red shirt is John, an American living in Thailand, and next to him is yours truly, representing the great state of Missouri.

Standing left is Ray from Western Australia, then Nehru, the BEST waiter on earth, on the right, yes standing is Val, wife of Ray, such a sweetheart.

Sadly Nehru left us today to head home for a well earned vacation. He has been working the past 7 1/2 months and now will get to see his family for about 3 months before rejoining RCL in the Caribbean. Nehru lives on an island off South Africa, I will have to look it up when I get back home.

That's about it for now. Artichoke Annie will opine over the next few days.



5 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you're enjoying your traveling companions. I'm sure that makes a huge difference. I can't wait till you get to Egypt. Please take tons of photos. I love your voyage, Annie. Just love it. Continued good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journey is so amazing. Love the updates...

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mark, thanks for following my journey. It really is an amazing trip. I love it. Love...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, thanks for all your pictures and comments. I agree with Mark an "amazing journey". I am trying to follow your trip on my map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Camille thanks for the comment. I am having the BEST time.

      Delete