Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Lou To Say Goodbye




The Sweetest Spot In The Middle of Goodbye

Goodbye is difficult.
It is bitter.
Sad.
A torture.
A slapstick comedy,
A parody of a promise,
A pleasantry exchange.
Tiresome and hurtful.
But, right in the middle
Of words unspoken.
Among the emotionless
Motions,
Beneath the silence
We seem to scream,
Beyond, the melodramatic
Memories long-playing
In our crying hearts,
Goodbye is a revelation.
A celebration of our truths.
It's a humble acceptance
Of what we cannot be.
And that's what I choose to see.
Our reality!
That tiny speck of honesty-
The sweetest spot
In the middle of
Our goodbye.

                                                       November 1st, 2009 by USI 


The above poem puts to words Lou's goodbye better than I myself could even attempt.

2 comments:

  1. GEE ANNIE, I SAW [SWEET LOU SAY GOOD BY] AND I THOUGHT AM I GOING SOMEWHERE? LOLLOLLOL.
    I JUST WROTE A LITTLE SOMETHING ON CASEYS' BLOG.A SMALL STORY ABOUT CHURCH AND WW2.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is funny, hard to imagine there is more that one Sweet Lou. Actually this Sweet Lou will be joining you in Florida after the season is over. Hope there is room for all that sweetness.

    ReplyDelete