Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends and TOMS


An original by artist Meredith Ambruso

People that know me know my obsession for all shoes TOMS. If it were not for all the good the TOMS One for One Program does I should probably be hospitalized for this addiction. I always moan and groan that I am here in Middle America when an LA event is held and all the artists come and do their handy-work.

This past weekend TOMS was doing an event at the Spectrum in Irvine, California and luckily for me it is my old stomping ground and home to my friends. I checked to see if they would be attending and then pleaded in my most wily emaily way - "Could you pick me out a pair, size 8", she pleaded. Calls were exchanged..."No, no - you just pick something, I will love it. Surprise me!"

Today my one of a kind TOMS shoes by artist Meredith Ambruso arrived and I LOVE THEM. And I love her little tag business card which reads: I Make Stuff.

Puttin' on my dancing shoes!

Tomorrow night the shoes will make their St. Louis debut when I take them out on the town to see Evita. My friends said they had a lot of fun checking out all the artists at the event and making a choice. I think they made an excellent one and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Keep smilin', keep shinin'. That's what friends are for.

"When you learn, teach. When you get, give." TOMS ONE FOR ONE PROGRAM Check it out: http://www.TOMS.com

10 comments:

  1. Love these..I remember you saying that you loved Tom's. I am assuming they are comfy..May have to think about trying them but rarely can I find a shoe that fits, let alone by mail :)
    Your friends did a SUPER job picking these out.
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are quite fun! i'm going to branch out to clothing one/ shoes one day. I was an art director at Women's Wear Daily for several years a long time ago! I also want to take all of my family's broken jewelry and restring them with a more modern touch. So much art to make, So little time.

    Hope you enjoy these shoes a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like really fun shoes to wear! Very individual! Gorgeous, too! I hadn't heard of them before. Nice choice by your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOMS shoes have become my trademark here, this is pair #14 - I will call these my fancy pair for hot nights out on the town. I love them all and I love the fact that for every pair I buy TOMS donates a pair to a child in need. Great shoes, great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the Toms' website and saw all their great shoes. I'm a shoe nut, too! This would be ideal! Who wouldn't love the idea of a child getting a free pair of shoes every time I buy a pair? LOL Can't wait for payday. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. THOSE SHOES ARE WAY TO CUTE. I LOVE THEM, ANNIE.

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANNIE, I SEE YOU DON'T RETAIN WATER. NICE ANKLES.
    LAUGH OUT LOUD.

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny - I think I retain it a little higher. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Isn't it funny how we see things from our view? I was thinking...she has great ankles...no big or broken veins...very nice! Funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you girls! I think it's genetic both my mom AND dad had little ankles......like race horses. My dad was a runner in his young man days, and my mom was just lucky I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete