Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thirty Days – For some it is a lifetime.




Days pass, some swiftly as a flowing river while others drag on, the time seemingly endless from dawn to dusk. Other days get collected, like pennies in a piggy bank that will be opened at some future time and counted, stacked and their worth duly recorded. So time is truly relative, yet we each are parceled out the same twenty-four hours each day but the makeup of my day is quite different from yours or especially Jack Bauer's.

I observed little Hal (Haleighana) the other evening and wanted to make a list of all the things she could do now that she couldn't do thirty days ago. So we spoke together in our best version of "baby-speak" and I cajoled her in to performing her act, good practice should we later want to take her show on the road.

In just a matter of minutes she: stretched, cooed, farted, sighed, smiled, sneezed, hiccoughed and squeaked. I should also mention sleep; she does that very well too. In fact there are times when I would swear she is mini-me as she grunts and groans with each little move - there is a point I think when our two universes will collide.

In the meantime enjoy our little Hal as she readies to celebrate her first thirty days – a lifetime in her little book.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANNIE, I LAUGH BECAUSE I CAN REMEMBER ROCKING THE GRANDBABIES AND HAVING A HANDFUL OF BABY TOOTS.YOU HAVE TO LOVE THEM.

    TG

    ReplyDelete