Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - Our Own Rose Queen


Julie

The day after the Rose Parade the kids drove up to Pasadena to view the floats up close and personal. It looks like another beautiful day in Southern California and what fun to get to see the floats up close like that.


Oliver and Dad

Of course the boys would pose in front of a float having to do with football. After all these years I am still amazed at how beautiful these floats are. They have come a long way from the original horse drawn carts decorated with roses.


Oliver and Mom

I grew up just a few miles from the parade route and have actually only seen the parade in person once in my lifetime. You would get a kick out of my Rose Parade photos - they are in black and white. I tried getting away with telling my grandkids that's how the parade was when I was little. They didn't really bite that tall tale for long. One of these years, though, I will take one of those nice packaged tours they have and enjoy the parade in person one more time.

1 comment: