Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring in California

The beautiful flower photos posted to the left are from my BFF in California taken in her garden. Under the white trellis her Koi children reside. She had that structure built to provide shade for the fish to protect them from sun damage that could lead to cancer. I have known Mollie all my life. She lived just a few blocks from me growing up in California. We went to the same schools from kindergarten all the way through high school. We played sports on the vacant corner lot, we climbed trees, rode our bikes all over town and even tried to build a car once. She was my best friend forever (BFF) even before those letters had been discovered yet. After high school, Mollie went off to Texas (UT) for college. She became a very valuable volleyball coach, but that will be a story for another day. We have seen each other on and off over the years, despite the miles that separate us. Now it has become so easy to keep in touch with emails and pictures sent over the web. We would never have thought of these things back in the 'old days'. I'm glad we have them and I'm especially glad Mollie is my BFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment