Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Do You Remember?

Powder Puff Derby
Do you remember the Powder Puff Derby? Well now it's called the Air Race Classic, still all women pilots who travel to nine states, ten airports and fly over 2700 miles. The race will begin June 23.
I mention all of this because a gal named Marijke Unger will be participating this year for the first time. She has designated the Wings of Hope as the charity that she will be raising money for in her flying effort.

I would love to have you check out her story on her website http://www.myfirstairrace.com/ and then read her blog entry for March 24 where she tells of her impressions of Wings of Hope. You can click on her blog link on her website or go directly to http://www.myfirstairrace.blogspot.com/

I just started doing volunteer work for Wings of Hope and I am so excited about this organization and the people I work with. I had my official orientation last Saturday and I wish I could put the speech here on my blog that the president, Doug Clements, gave us. I was so impressed with the organization's mission and how it is run. I have their website listed here on my blog page. Check it out if you haven't yet.

1 comment:

  1. Go Annie! Thanks for your kind words about my website and blog, I've enjoyed looking around here =^) And congratulations on joining Wings of Hope, I wish you all the best as you work with this exemplary organization!

    ReplyDelete