Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100 Days - April 29, 2009 Arnold, MO

Well you don't meet a President of the United States very often let alone get a chance to talk with him. There is no way I can tell you how excited I am. Can't wait to get the official White House photographer photos. Why the heck was the President talking to me you ask? Actually I am still scratching my head on that one, but I can honestly say I am pleased as punch to have been chosen. There were four of us selected to meet with the President prior to giving his 100 Days speech at Fox Senior High School in Arnold, MO. All of were from the volunteer sector, a Peace Corps volunteer, an AmeriCorps volunteer, a Retired Senior Volunteer Organization member and myself, Wings of Hope volunteer. Actually I was picked because I signed up for volunteer work through the USAservice.org group and apparently they liked some feed back that I sent back to the White House on my involvement. All in all it was very exciting, so you never can tell who you might meet if you get out there and volunteer your services. Got to go and pinch myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment