Saturday, October 24, 2015

Sea Day ~ Final Visit to Barcelona Mañana

I thought I would leave you with the words of John Masefield on this sea day as we are making our way to Barcelona for one final visit before heading across the sea and home.


Sea Fever
by John Masefield

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.
 
I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied; 
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
 
I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sunset and an even more wonderfully written blog! I am so happy you took this big step to travel like you have. Most of us only dream and read of it in blogs like yours. Thanks for sharing... Enjoy!!

    -=Mimi=-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, it means a lot. Wish you could be with me to experience it all first hand.

    ReplyDelete