Thursday, October 15, 2015

Here and Now

Civitavecchia, Italy

Don't let the calmness of the blues fool you. One look at the surface of the Mediterranean Sea in the background will give you a hint.  Onboard ship's cam shows the current wind speed at about 41 km/h or roughly 25 miles/hr.

But it is a beautiful to look at day with the blue-scaped sky and sea. It was a bit uncomfortable on deck, more that I was worried I would be blown off the ship. There must be at least half a dozen large cruise ships in port at this moment. I imagine the tour destinations to be quite crowded today.

Favorite spots to see when in Rome is of course the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel. I am really happy I saw both of these attractions about sixty years ago before they were so famous. I think I might have been the first person ever to toss a coin in the Fountain of Trevi. It will be a long day for those that have trekked off ~ all aboard time today is 7:30 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment