Friday, October 2, 2015

Lisbon Sail Away



This was a most beautiful sail-away as the ship makes its way down the River Tangus (Rio Tejo) towards the Atlantic Ocean. And for me it was great to see from the front so many of the things we saw from the back during the day tour.



I love the view looking over the rooftops and seeing old and new buildings standing tall and strong next to each other. Lisbon is a compact city, full of as many posh shops as you can imagine and cute little local bars tucked away in the smallest of spaces.


We were told about the bridge named Ponte 25 de Abril that so much resembles the Golden Gate Bridge and I was excited to be able to sail under it. While I have driven over the real Golden Gate Bridge many times I have never sailed underneath it. At least now I have a little bit of an idea of how it feels.


The bridge was named to remember the Portuguese Carnation Revolution of 25 April 1974.

The other cool thing is being able to catch Christ of the Andes and the Bridge together. You can check off a lot of “must” visit attractions all at once.



No comments:

Post a Comment