Sunday, October 4, 2015

Malaga, Spain – Fit for a King



Today was a full and quite interesting day of touring. We were told that as we skirted about the city in our bus the King of Spain was arriving for a visit. We did not see him but we did see the motorcade; but enough about all that, now to why I was here.

My first real interest was to visit the Picasso Museum, which was marvelous. There were samples of all of the different periods of his works, except for his ‘blue period’ that I am told I should be able to see when I get to Barcelona.



Here is Pablo enjoying a park bench in the square just across the street from where he was born. If you look just above his head to the corner room on the second floor you will be looking at the actual apartment where his birth occurred.


The Gibralfaro Castle was another highlight. From here we had this wonderful view of the bullring of Malaga. This was Hemmingway’s inspiration for his novel “Death in the Afternoon” that he wrote while living in this city.

Again we encountered another city that just overwhelms with its colors and design. I can’t wait to get home to be able to post more photos to Flickr so you can enjoy more of the sights.


Leaving Malaga in our wake.


1 comment:

  1. What a terrific post. Jeez, Hemmingway. I love the photos. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete