Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Secretary Chu on Nuclear Waste


Oh boy - I sure feel a lot better after seeing this...

From:
Uploaded by on Jun 10, 2009
 

Senator James E. Risch questions Secretary of Energy Steven Chu about waste disposal and Yucca Mountain during a hearing by the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources

Follow-Up Posted 7/28/11:

When I watched the video above I did not understand what WIPP was that the Senator was referring to. I have since researched this.

WIPP - Is the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. It is located in Carlsbad, New Mexico. Here is a link to their website DOE - WIPP Website They have some interesting videos that explain some of their operations.


1 comment:

  1. I've been underwhelmed by Chu since he took the job. Science fans like me thought he'd be GREAT in this position. In reality, not so much. He doesn't even sound like he's familiar with the issues. Whew. It's embarrassing and sad and ominous.

    ReplyDelete